https://mechanicaldesign101.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/21CK-logo.jpg 935 1023 delta https://mechanicaldesign101.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/mechanical-design-101LOGOf.png delta2014-07-28 09:04:002017-04-14 14:33:57Workshop on 21st Century Kinematics
Workshop on 21st Century Kinematics
The NSF Workshop on 21st Century Kinematics at the 2012 ASME IDETC Conference in Chicago, IL on August 11-12, 2012 consisted of a series of presentations and a book of supporting material prepared by the workshop contributors.
The book is now available at amazon.com: 21st Century Kinematics–The 2012 NSF Workshop.
And here are the seven primary presentations given at the workshop.
- Computer-Aided Invention of Mechanisms and Robots. J. Michael McCarthy, Professor, University of California, Irvine.
- Mechanism Synthesis for Modeling Human Movement. Vincenzo Parenti-Castelli, Professor, University of Bologna.
- Algebraic Geometry and Kinematic Synthesis. Manfred Husty, Professor, University of Innsbruck.
- Kinematic Synthesis of Compliant Mechanisms. Larry Howell, Professor, Brigham Young University.
- Kinematics and Numerical Algebraic Geometry. Charles Wampler, Technical Fellow, General Motors Research and Development.
- Kinematic Analysis of Cable Robotic Systems. Vijay Kumar, Professor, University of Pennsylvania.
- Protein Kinematics. Kazem Kazerounian, Professor, University of Connecticut.
Colleagues joined in with two additional presentations:
- Development of Fast Pick and Place Robots. Jorge Angeles, Professor, McGill University.
- Kinestatic Analysis of Mechanisms with Compliant Elements. Carl Crane, Professor, University of Florida.
Many thanks to the contributors and the attendees for an outstanding workshop.
Update: The presentation links have been fixed.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!