This Eight-Legged Walker with two stepper motor drives controlled using a Bluetooth interface developed by Ruiqi Mao for his 2023 UCInspire project builds on work by Chenhao Liu, Jiaji Li and Ken Nguyen, and my senior project team of Tom Nguyen, Jonathan Chavez, Connor Linklater and Jonathan Lu.
Chenhao Liu was a 2022 UCInspire fellow who was in Covid lock down in China while he worked on his four-legged walker driven by DC motors and a bluetooth controller with Jiaji Li, a UCI PhD student.
Ken Nguyen developed both four-legged and eight-legged walkers using DC motor drives and infrared controllers. His early work has inspired much of what has followed.
The following videos show:
1. Ruiqi’s Summer 2023 eight-legged Panda walker which uses two stepper motors and a bluetooth interface,
2. The Winter 2023 four-legged GNK Walker which used two stepper motors and a bluetooth interface by my senior project team of Tom Nguyen, Jonathan Chavez, Connor Linklater and Jonathan Lu.
3. Chenhao’s Summer 2022 four-legged walker with two DC motor actuators and a bluetooth interface, and
4. Ken’s Winter 2022 eight-legged tank walker which uses two DC motors and an infrared controller.
- Ruiqi’s Eight-legged Panda Walker (Summer 2023)
2. Four-legged GNK Walker (Winter 2023)
3. Chenhao’s Four-legged Walker (Summer 2022)
4. Ken’s Eight-legged Tank Walker (Winter 2022)